I spent Mother's Day with my Mom, Dad and Gramma. We went for a very delicious brunch and ate wayyyyy too much food!
Here are some pictures of the gift set I put together for my Mom for Mother's Day. I am really happy with the way it turned out and my Mom loved it as well! She said it was too pretty to take apart so she has it sitting on her bay window.
The first thing I made was the card, which was CASED from Geny Cassady's card found
Here
And everything that follows was inspired by the card.

Below is a picture of the little package I put together by recycling the packaging from a $1 stamp set from Michaels. I'm starting to keep all packaging (wihin reason of course) with hopes that it can someday be used in some type of project. My little bit to help the environment!

Here is another recycle project. I took a left over cardboard tube, which had crochet cotton originally wrappeed around it, and covered it with paper. Thankfully, the long length of an 8.5 X 11 sheet of paper wrapped perfectly around. I decorated the front of the tube to match everything and put about 6 individually wrapped (which is not very environmently friendly) biscottis inside the tube.
I have forever been looking at trying out Papertrey's My Timeless Templates and I wanted something to put my Mom's Tim Horton's gift card in, so I ended up getting the Cash or Charge template. I'm so glad I did! It comes with three templates and a few really awesome projects ideas. Below was the project I created to keep with the tea theme.

Here is what the inside looks like with the gift card tucked nicely in a pre-printed slot. All I had to do is cut along the line.

This is what everything looks like before and after everything was put in a decorative clear bag, which I recycled from a local scrapbook store that is now unfortunately closed. Anytime you made a purchased, your items were placed into these really pretty clear bags. And of course I saved each one of them and each one is different.


I have to throw in a non-crafting addition to this post. I want to congratulate Windsor's Junior Hockey team, the Spitfires, on winning the Ontario Hockey League Championship last Tuesday for the second year in a row. They were down 3-0 in the series against Kitchener in the conference finals, fought back and won the next four. Then they swept Barrie in 4 to win their second straight OHL Championship against Barrie. The best part, I was there to see them win it for the second year in a row! Now they move on to defend their Memorial Cup championship in Brandon, Manitoba! Let's keep the Memorial Cup in Windsor boys! GO SPITS GO!!
This was from the moment they won....so much energy in the building! So amazing when a team can win at home in front of all their fans!
Materials used in project:
Stamps:: Tea for Two (PTI), Warm Happiness (PTI), Turning a New Leaf (PTI), Happy Mother's Day (Hero Arts)
Ink:: Boudoir Blush (PTI); Sahara Sand, Sage, Wheat (VersaMagic Chalk Ink)
Cardstock: Lemon Tart (PTI), Kraft, Bazill scraps
Tools: Embossing folder (Cuttlebug), Border Punch (Martha Stewart), Oval Scalloped dies and Label one die (Spellbinders)
Other: Lace ribbon (dollar store), Bazill buttons, crochet cotton



22 comments:
Wow, your card and gifts are just gorgeous! No wonder your mom doesn't want to touch them. So beautiful and earth-conscious at the same time! Happy mother's day!
What a fabulous ensemble! I love the way it turned out.
Your gift set is gorgeous! I love the colors and vintage feel.
Fabulous gift!!!
Wow! I love the you created! It is so smart to recycle those little plastic baggies.
Janis, this is so pretty! I love the teapot behing the sentiment! I am gonna have to CASE this one! TFS!
These are so soft and pretty, Janis!!! Perfect for Mother's Day!
Oh wow, this gift set is just gorgeous! I love the teapot as the main image.
How cute is that!?! I love all of them...that set is a must for me now :0) Great work!
Suuuuuuuperb, Janis, all of it! Your mom *must* have been thrilled. I hope she remembers to take a picture of it all sitting in her window! Hey, I just started saving packaging about a week ago and I can only hope to recycle it in such a creative way!
What a LOVELY gift set! Just awesome!
No wonder she doesn't want to take your gift apart. It's just beautiful.
What a brilliant little gift package. I am so inspired!
Hugs,
Caryn xxx
What a lovely gift set - love the lace...and the lace punch too.... And we love hockey too - we just have minor league here, but it really is fun!
Wow! What a beautiful project! It is all so lovely! The color scheme is especially pretty. so soft and feminine. Love it!
your gift set is gorgeous! I love how you tied the tea pot motif into each aspect of the packaging. What a fun presentation!
Great job with all these! They are all wonderful and so pretty!
What a beautiful gift Janis - I am not surprised your Mum loved it! It's so pretty and gorgeous.
Beautiful gift set. Love all the pretty, feminine colors - perfect for a Mother's Day present.
Just lovely! What a lucky Mom your mom is!
What a great gift set! You did a wonderful job on this. I love how you re-purposed the items...very clever.
All I can say is that it looks absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! You are one very very talented lady!
Post a Comment