Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Argyle Birthday

Is anyone else sufferring from major sinus problems like I am? I never use to have sinus issues but this year has been brutal. Advil seems to be my best friend right now!!

Take away the sinus problems and I seem to be on a roll with making cards. This happens only a few times a year for me, so I try to take advantage when it does. Here is a birthday card I made for my Aunt. She is a very crafty person and her area of expertise seems to span from one end of the crafting spectrum to the other. She can whip up a quilt like there is no tomorrow and she makes the best chocolate dipped pretzel sticks on this planet! To die for! So I thought I would send her a crafty card for her Birthday.

My inspiration for this card came from Maile Belles' card which can be found
Here

Here is the front of the card:



I carried the Argyle theme to the envelope, which is shown behind the card. See those cute little buttons? They were a birthday present from my Papertrey Pen Pal Dana.....Hawaiian Shores buttons from Papertrey!! Love them....Thank you Dana!!

Here is a close up of the card.



Since I received so much positive feed back on decorating the inside of my Baptism card. I decided to decorate the inside of my Aunt's birthday card as well. Something I don't normally do, so thank you very much everyone for leaving a lot of love on my last post. I really do enjoy reading each and every comment.

Here is the inside:



What's included - everything Papertrey unless indicated
Card Stock: - Hawaiian Shores, True Black, White Cardstock
Stamps: - A little Argyle, Studio Style, Heartfelt Basics
Ink: - Hawaiian Shores, True Black
Other: - Hawaiian Shores buttons; Spellbinders Labels; Stickles (Ranger)

Thank you so much for stopping by and may the sinus beast not occupy your cavities!

21 comments:

Karen H. said...

Love it! Great details - the scallop edged card, the argyles inside & on the envelope, the glitter on the ribbon.

Lorraine said...

She will love it! I like the matching of the envelope & inside, too! Oh and me, me, me...I have allergies and this past year have had many sinus/ear infections. This year there's been a lot of vog (from the volcano) coming our way too - and that just seems to set off my allergies big time.

Dana said...

How could she not like this awesome card? It's so clever! I like the inside too.

Lindsay said...

Really really cute! I love the scallop edging! Too fun :0)

Sherry said...

Fabulous card! I adore the inside...and the envelope!

BethieJ said...

Janis this is FABULOUS! I LOVE the card, and envie. so cute! She is gonna love it!

Anonymous said...

This is fabulous, Janis!!! Can't wait to break out my Argyle set this weekend!

Christi said...

I love the glittery ribbon. I love the looks of Studio Style but since I don't have any Copics (and stink at coloring) I haven't thought it was a set I could use effectively. Your card is swaying me in the other direction!
Love how you decorated the insdide too.

Elizabeth S. said...

Great card!! I love the glitter on your ribbon!

Keva said...

That's so darling!! I love that argyle set..now if I could ony get it to work for ME! lol

Anonymous said...

Love it! Love the argyle and the scallop ede of your card! So fab!

Michelle said...

Wow – inside and out from the card to the envie…fantastic. That’s a lot of extra work…too lazy for me. But you have a really clean, complete card here – fabulous!

Diane Jaquay said...

Very awesome! Love that you decorated the inside and the envie too, I "should" do that more often!!

Brenda Weaver said...

This is so cute! Your crafty aunt is gonna love to receive this!

Pat said...

Great details on the card! Your background paper is fabulous and the inside of the card and envelope carry your theme perfectly. Now, how did you scallop that card on 3 sides, hmmm?

Unknown said...

Great card! I love the colors you used and the way you did the envelope and the inside. Very nice touch!

June K said...

I love what you did with the ribbon image (the stickles just make the whole card pop).

(It's MAY... my annual allergy month. It sucks all my energy and I get nothing done. At the end of the month it always goes away).

Anonymous said...

Love this card. A Little Argyle just arrived here yesterday so I'm anxious to get at it. Hope your sinuses are better soon. I seemed to outgrow them around 40, and then got allergies in return. I think the allergies are easier to deal with, but they last all year.

Chris said...

I'm loving everything about this card! You are making me so wish I had got the argyle stamps and Hawaiian Shores bits as they look stunning altogether here.

Sorry to hear about your sinuses - I get it too when the pollen starts to fall. We can't get Advil over here as it's great - not sure why the UK won't authorise it!

Caryn said...

Just used my Argyle set for the first time tonight - I'm IN LOVE! This is a gorgeous card too - love the inside decorated - very simple but what a difference it makes - off to add something to the inside of mine now!!

Hugs,

Caryn xxx

tammy said...

You are so talented. I love this card.