Saturday, April 3, 2010

Compose a Card #7

Happy Easter Everyone!!

I hope you are all enjoying your long weekends, and hopefully a little crafty time.



This is my first time participating in Becky's Compose a Card and I am sure glad I did. Forced me to use my creativity, as well as some of my stash!! So here is my card:



I didn't have any black felt so I rubbed Papertrey Ink's True Black ink on my white felt to add at least a little black to the felt.

Main Materials used:

Papertrey Products:
Stamps: Mixed Messages, Text Boxed
Ink: True Black
Paper: Spring Rain, White Cardstock

Ivory Cardstock
DCWV Citrus Matstack
Copic Spica Glitter Pen-Melon (outlined patterned paper)
White fabric store felt
Bazill Buttons
Brilliance Sunflower Yellow Dew Drop Ink Pad
Cuttlebug Dot Embossing folder
Quickutz Revolution Scalloped die

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend!!

Janis


12 comments:

IamDerby said...

This turned out great!

Anonymous said...

Very cute! The blue looks great with the yellow

Anonymous said...

Very pretty card! I love that pattern paper. Very clever using black ink on the felt! Well done.

Diane Jaquay said...

You did a great job with the challenge; your card is really PRETTY!

Brenda said...

Pretty card! I've been wanting to play along with Becky's challenge sometime, but haven't gotten to yet. You did a great job!
I found your blog from the PTI Pixies group and just wanted to stop by and say hello.

Lorraine said...

Your card is so pretty! I'm glad I zoomed in to see all the little details! And your new blog is beautiful!

Michelle said...

What a clever idea to make your own colored felt. I reckon you can do that with any color on white felt - great card!

Anonymous said...

This is so pretty! Love your take on the challenge!!!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty and very smart to just color your white felt with the ink pad!

Karen H. said...

Very pretty. I love the bright blue/yellow color combo.

Unknown said...

This is so pretty! You inspired me to get out my text boxed stamp set that I have neglected for far too long.

Christi said...

fantastic interpretation of the sketch!