I didn't take the greatest picture of the page. Still trying to figure out the best way to take pictures of my projects.
This picture is of my Mom and my Gramma (my father's mother) from Christmas 2008. My Gramma celebrated her 90th birthday in January 2010 and is one of the most inspiring women I know. She has had a lot of trials and tribulations in her life and our whole family is so grateful she is still here with us, and will be for many years to come.
There are no words appropriate to express how much my Mom means to me, except she is the world to me and I love her very much.
I truly Cherish both these women in my life!!
I really can't remember all the products I used in this layout because I started the page awhile ago and just put the finishing touches on it tonight by adding the title. I used my Cricut to cut the red lacey frame in the background. I also used the Cricut to cut out the word "Cherish", I believe the cartridge was Lyrical Letters. I used the Cricut Design Studio to weld the letters together so the word came out in one piece. Oh and the patterned paper is Basic Grey Wassail. The cardstock is Bazill and I used the Martha Stewart leaf punch. The rest I took out of my stash which is no longer in the original packaging, so I'm not quite sure which brand everything else is.
Here are a few close up pictures of the flowers and title.
Thanks for stopping by and I hope everyone has a great day!!



11 comments:
Janis,
This is just gorgeous!
What a wonderful way to pay tribute to the women you love.
I think you should frame this instead and display it in your home. Seriously!
You could always put it in a scrapbook later.
This is beautiful as is your tribute to these wonderful women.
This is absolutely gorgeous, Janis! You can really feel the emotion behind this layout!!! I agree, frame it and hang it on your wall! It is really lovely!!!
My grandparents made it into their 90s too - such a beautiful thing. Love this layout - sooo pretty with lots of pretties...I've often wondered how scrapbookers get pictures of those big L/Os too!
What a special LO Janis, I love the detail in the flowers and your words about how much your mum and gran mean to you - so sweet.
Hugs,
Caryn xxx
This is beautiful! I love that everything matches, right down to their outfits :) Great job.
I love all the details on this page. You should print out this blog post and attach it to the back of the layout - you so beautifully articulated your love for your mom and grandmother!
What a special page, Janis! The emotions are really why we do this hobby, aren't they?
What a beautiful page with lovely details! It's wonderful that you got to document how special these women are to you.
What a beautiful layout, Janis! And I agree with Lorraine...you should display it in your home. What a special tribute to both your Mom and Gramma!
Beautiful layout!
Post a Comment