Sunday, April 25, 2010

Papertrey Ink Blog Hop



Wow! I just realized at 7:00 pm that today was Papertrey Ink Blog Hop day! I don't think I have ever made a card so fast. I had the idea in mind and it turned out just like I had envisioned. That doesn't happen often!

The theme this month was to use tissue paper. So I thought of shag carpenting and this is what I came up with...



Thanks for hopping by!

51 comments:

Susan said...

Oh this is so CUTE!! I love that shag carpet!!

Dana said...

I love it, Janis! What an awesome idea to make the shag carpet! How much are you loving the on my couch set? So, so cute! Great job!!

Maureen said...

Oh, so fun!!!! Very unique use of tissue :)

Lynn said...

I love the carpet...made me laugh...reminds me of the carpet growing up!!

Anika said...

SHAG CARPET - and it's orange! This is awesome!

Shirlann said...

Oh too funny....brings back memories! Great card, love it!

Kara said...

that is so cute!
kara

Jen Carter said...

Shag carpet!! That is so creative! Love it!

Liz said...

Ah! LOVE IT!!!!! Way to think outside the box!

Dana said...

OMG I want that couch in real life! Love the 70s shag carpet too! CLever girl!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Shag carpet this is stinking hilarious. I am a realtor, so I still see this every once in a while. Way to rock the tissue paper challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

~kelly marie~ said...

LOVE this! The shag carpet is brilliant!

Rosanne said...

Terrific! Love the tissue carpet!

Nerina said...

Oh that is soooo much fun! A shag rug! LOL - I love your card!

Karen H. said...

That is so cool! I love the wood paneling and the retro couch and shag carpet - that is very clever!

Daniela Dobson said...

I love this!

peggysue said...

Oh my word a shag carpet, we had one of those and almost in that shade too!

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Love this! Something different. That shag carpet is too fun!

Barbara said...

LOL! Love that shag carpeting! How creative!

Diane Jaquay said...

How cute is this?!!! That shag carpet is just fab ;)

Kelly S. said...

EEEK! That is so retro fab...LOVING that orange plush rug...very 70's and I like it! This could very well be another room in the Brady House, giggle. Super cute and creative!

Chris Simon said...

Wood paneling and orange shag carpet - that's a real flashback! I think that we all lived in that house in the 70's. Great job.

BethieJ said...

OH MY GOSH! How CUTE is this! LOVE it!!!
Happy Hopping!

Unknown said...

HEY! Do I know you?? I would SWEAR you've been to my parents' house when I was younger...this looks JUST like their living room did when I was a kid ;). fantastic...thanks for the smile :)

Carol's Ink Spot said...

You made me chuckle when I saw how you used the tissue paper. Shag carpeting! May it never return but love it on your super cute card!

Elizabeth S. said...

This is so cute! What a fun idea!

Christi said...

the shag carpet is so darned cute!!!

Lorraine said...

I love your idea of shag carpet and the retro furniture! Too cute!

Laurie said...

Oh so cute!! Love the carpet! Great card!

Shay said...

I can't believe how awesome your card is for being a quickie. Wonderful use of the tissue paper for texture and fun.

Rebecca said...

Great card! The shag carpet is very clever.

Jill said...

Shag carpet! It's genius! Your card gets my vote for best use of tissue paper! I am a weird person who adores the '70's--I think since I was a kid then, it brings back a lot of happy memories. Anyway, I will be CASEing this card! Terrific job, Janis!

Mariana said...

Brilliant!! I love that carpet!! What a great scene!!

kasia c. said...

That shag carpet is awesome! We had one just that colour when i was a kid! awesome scene!

Kerri said...

CUTE!!! I love the shag carpet!

Teresa said...

Oh my goodness is this cute. I'm loving that shag carpet!

Amy Kolling said...

How clever is that shag carpet?? That woodgrain background goes great with the "scene" you created!

Victoria said...

That was super clever to make shag carpeting! Love it!

Karli said...

girl, this is brilliant! Love it! TFS :)

Caryn said...

Hey Grooooovy man!! Very retro looking, I LOVE it. I'm sure my mum and dad had a sofa like that in the 70's!!

Hugs,
Caryn

Anonymous said...

Love it, Janis! So very retro!!!

Sonya said...

Orange shag - classic. You must be very patient with your scissors. Well done!

Katie said...

Too cute! What a great idea!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, shag carpet... genious!! And you just threw this card together, wow, love it!

Marge said...

Ingenious -- and how ANYONE puts together a card in an hour simply amazes slow ole me!!!

Theresa Tyree said...

Tha carpet is SHAGADELIC!!! Yeah, baby!!!

Brenda said...

oh my goodness! Shag carpeting! How very clever! Love it!

Linda W said...

What a unique idea! Your card is fabulous.

Lisa Voerg said...

Love that rug! Great job.

Michelle said...

Love it - love the fringe...love the wood panel background...clean, but still fun.

Taheerah said...

Oh that's so funky, love it!!