Sunday, April 25, 2010

Reuse Recycle Recreate

Hi Everyone! I hope you are all enjoying your weekend. It has been a cold dreary weekend in Windsor, Ontario today. Perfect time to stay inside, do laundry and some paper crafting. And even better to go and watch the Windsor Spitfires play the Kitchener Rangers in game 7 of Ontario Hockey League conference finals. They were down 3-0 in the series and have brought it back to Windsor for game 7! GO SPITS!!

This is my contribution to reuse-recycle-recreate. My aunt handed down to me some crochet cotton thread that she wasn't going to use. I store my crochet cotton wrapped around chipboard, so once I got it all stored away I was left with these cute little plastic tubes. My first thought was napkin holders. So this is what I came up with! My mom's sunroom has a nautical theme to it and she loves setting a really nice table when people come over for dinner. Aren't they the cuttest?!!





I made a set of 8 and all materials used was from my scrap pile! Feels so good to actually find uses for things which would normally be thrown away.



Thanks for stopping by today! I'm off to have lunch and then to the hockey game!!

Materials Used:
Patterned Paper: Latte Matstack (DCWV)
Cardstock: Spring Rain (PTI); Kraft paper; scrap Bazill paper
Stamps: Men of Life (PTI)
Ink: Night Sky (VersaMagic chalk ink); Fresh Snow (PTI)
Other Items: Woodgrain Impression plate (PTI); Nestabilities circle dies

13 comments:

Karen H. said...

Those are so cool. Love the recycle aspect - and they will make a great gift.

Amy Kolling said...

Janis...these are so cute! Your mom will love them!!

Caryn said...

How very green and very elegant. I love these and I bet they look fabulous in your mum's sunroom.

Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Brenda said...

These are great! Your mom will love them!

Jill said...

Adorable, Janis. Your mom is gonna love 'em!

Sue Ann said...

Oh I love these ......... great idea!!!

Ted said...

Janis, I love anything nautical so these napkin rings really tug my boat! :) So cute and very professional looking! :)

Jackie Solomon said...

Wow, these are really great!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, these look so professional!!! Way to be green!

Anonymous said...

Those are so cute! What a fab idea!!

Diane Jaquay said...

These are darling!!

Sherry said...

Darling! GREAT idea!

Christi said...

fantastic idea!